How do I sign up for WIC?
To be certified to participate in the WIC Program, individuals should call Audrain County Health
Department 573-581-1332 or stop by the office at 1130 South Elmwood to apply for the program.

How do I get a Birth or Death Certificate?
The Audrain County Health Department issues both Birth and Death Certificates.  The birth or death
must have occurred in the State of Missouri in order to get a copy.  The birth must have occurred after
1920 and the death  must have occurred after 1980. You must show a photo ID.  The cost of your birth
certificate is $15. Effective August 28, 2020, death certificates will be available for $14.00 for the first copy
and $11.00 each for each additional copy for the same person, in the same visit.

Where do I get a copy of my immunization record?
The best way to have access to immunization records is to keep a copy of your own record and your
children’s records as well. If you are needing a copy of those records, there are a number sources
available that may have your record.  If you received immunizations at a Doctor`s office or at a Health
Department, your record will be on file with their office.  Schools and child care facilities require proof
of immunizations and are another good source of information.  

Where can I sign up for Temporary Medicaid?
ACHD is able to sign women up for Temporary Medicaid.  This program is intended to provide
MO HealthNet benefits to low-income pregnant women. A woman whose family income does not
exceed 185% of poverty may qualify.  You must bring in proof of pregnancy, proof of income, and
proof of residence when you apply.  

Do you offer parenting classes?
Yes!  ACHD offers Love and Logic Parenting Classes several times throughout the year.  Please call
ACHD at 581-1332 and ask to speak to Kerry Patton for details.  

Where can I get birth control and family planning services?
Audrain County Health Department does not currently offer Family Planning services.  For those that
are in need of these services, you can call the Arthur Center Community Health at 582-1234.  They
serve persons of all ages who need access to primary health care, dental, and behavioral health
regardless of immigration status or ability to pay.
Audrain County Health Department
Public Health: Better Health, Better Missouri.